The suspense is finally over as the Monsoons arrive on time and the country heaves a collective sigh of relief.
Such is our dependence on the annual rainfall that any shortfall has far reaching consequences on agriculture, trade and life in general.
However, the rains also bring with them their own set of challenges, especially to parents who have to get their children ready for school. And then there are other issues to take care of too as rains put normal life out of gear. Today we will take a look at 5 important things to pay attention to during the rains.
- Water: This is a top priority as we become vulnerable to water-borne diseases during the monsoons. Make sure you do not drink water from unknown sources.
- Food: Say no to street food as the risk of food contamination is high--stick to home-cooked food. When you cook make sure to wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly.
- Safety: Falling branches, and severed power lines pose a great danger, especially to children. Avoid going to such places and never touch a fallen wire.
- Flooding: Flooded roads are a no-no too as they may have open manholes lurking underneath. Besides, flood water is highly polluted and may result in you getting a skin infection.
- Health: Take good care of your physical health. If you happen to get wet, get out of the wet clothes as soon as you can and drink a cup of hot beverage. As mosquitoes become a menace during the rains, make sure you protect yourself against them.
We at M LZS urge our students to enjoy the rains, but we also want you to pay attention to safety aspects we just discussed.